Thursday 24 February 2011

Tablet sketch

Afternoon readers, I have threatened it for the past few updates and today the time has come to put up one of the sketches I've done with the tablet :)


Photobucket


It's Doctor Doom, Dormammu and X-23. "Why such a random mix of characters" I hear you cry. Well I got marvel vs Capcom 3 a few days back and these guys are my team of choice. Doom and Dormammu have some good ranged attacks and X-23 is really really quick so it made for a good mix :P

Plus it was an opportunity to Draw Dr Doom and seen as he is my favourite Marvel character I could hardly turn it down now could I :P

I'm quite happy with this sketch of course there are some mistakes in it, but over the past few weeks I've been trying to evolve my heavily anime/manga style to something a bit more realistic and more in line with the art of DC and Marvel.
By far the easiest way to do this has been to Draw the eyes in a more realistic shape and also change how I draw noses. I will continue to try and improve my style hopefully to something I will be fully happy with :)
I've found that drawing this has been more rewarding than painting up some models, whether thats because I have no mojo or that I have finally come to the point where I want to step out of the modelling hobby I don't know :)

That means you might have to put up with more of these updates :P

As ever feel free to let me know what you think :)


Of course Dr. Doom, Dormammu and X-23 are all copyright of Marvel
Comics

3 comments:

  1. Doom looks angry and X-23 looks hardcore. Wish I had a graphics tablet though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers guys :) might take the plunge and set up a Deviant art account soon

    @Mr Feral: get a tablet dude they are pretty cheap :D

    ReplyDelete