Sunday 13 February 2011

I return from the Warp

*Cleans Dust off Blog*

Wow it’s been nearly 3 months since I updated this blog that’s well terrible……..

Sorry about that, but with Christmas and New Year I sort of got distracted. But I’m back now so hopefully I can get this blog back to being updated more regularly again :)

Right first off the Wracks Tutorial is nearly finished (better late than never I guess :P) and will be up soon :)

Secondly I’d like to welcome some new followers, so Hi to Joao Mota, spacejacker and Ludo Weyden cheers for the support guys :)

So now to some pictures, though I slowed down over the Christmas period in recent weeks I have been quite productive so heres a rather large selection of bits and pieces:

First up a squad of Dark eldar Warriors:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really enjoyed these guys and the agoniser gave me a chance to try out an energy effect which I was pretty damn happy with in the end. On the downside I quickly lost interest in the DE so this squad and a raider I have half painted are likely to be all I do for them bar a few characters L

Next is the first full squad of my updated and true/up scaled Word Bearers:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These guys took an age to convert and there are some areas that I’m not to happy with but over all I think they have turned out quite well. I’m currently converting the next squad but will be taking a break from them as there is only so much filing down of plasticard that I can take haha

Next is a unit of Scouts for my FoW SS:

Photobucket

Nothing special here just fancied a change from painting 40k and also a chance to test out some tufts of static grass which I had picked up

And finally that brings us up to date, my current project is the updating of my Imperial Guard force: The 13th Karkon Grenadiers. It mainly involves some new heads ( the awesome Pig Iron Colony militia covered helmets and HQ heads) as well as some new camo and highlights.

So far I have finished a single squad of Guardsmen:

Photobucket

Photobucket


I have also converted a platoon commander from a metal Cadian officer. The model was used as a traitor guard captain in the past so I have had to re sculpt the Aquila on his chest, he needs his camo updating and highlights too;

Photobucket

The IG will be my project for a while (well until I get distracted: P ) but there may be some BFG, Mordheim and some other random models popping up in here in the near future :)

Also I’m beginning to move my hobby focus a bit more towards drawing, as GW stuff especially is getting too expensive for me now that’s why most my projects are updating my old armies L . I will be getting a new graphics tablet for my birthday so expect to see the odd bit of artwork pop up in here too :)

Well that’s it for this update, as ever any comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

I’ll try not leave it so long between updates now :P

1 comment:

  1. As I've said multiple times in various places, great work all-round!

    ReplyDelete